Monday, July 13, 2009

Associations

Grace has been tall enough to see outside of the windows in the car for some time now, but she has been a lot chattier in the car lately. Mondays, my mom watches the girls at my brother and sister-in-law’s house in Wyoming. Grace points out three landmarks on the way home from their house. The first place is the mall. She associates the mall with ponies – as in the carousel by the food court, the “drive drive cars” – which are the red strollers you rent that she cries for each time we go to the mall. Another landmark is Panera Bread, or as Grace calls it, Soup Place. Her exact words are usually… “wook mom, soup place. I dip bread.” The last landmark on the way home is the ice cream shop on the corner by our house. I normally get yelled at by Grace when we don’t stop for it! Oh how I love the conversations we have on the way home, she is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment