Friday, June 19, 2009

Ava’s first pair of shoes


When each of the grandkids gets close to walking, my Mom and Dad invest in some “fancy” shoes. Ava is to that point now, she can stand on her own and take a step or two, but her ankles are still too wobbly. Last weekend, my mom took us to Mieras shoes in Grand Rapids for some Stride Rite shoes. I am a huge clearance shopper, so spending $50 on my shoes sounds ridiculous to me, and even more ridiculous spending $50 on kid shoes. But because I have seen the advantage it gave Grace, I believe in them. Ava walks along furniture and walks around with Grace holding her hand, but when you let go, she just decides to have a seat. Not fall, nope, she bends her legs and sits down. I think we need to get something exciting for her so she doesn’t think about the fact that we aren’t holding on to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment